Saturday, June 8, 2013

First Impressions of The Balm | Blush & Concealer mini review

After so long of hearing about The Balm through the YouTube & Blogging communities I finally have my hands on a couple of their products.... and I am so glad I didn't go overboard with their sale on Ozsale in April because I'm sure I will finally be able to look at the products in person soon.
 Ozsale didn't have the hugest range of colours for every product, I think they only had 2 for blushes so I had to decide between Cabana Boy & Down Boy I think it was... I choose Cabana Boy because I didn't think I had anything too similar to it already.
I really like it, and I've worn it a fair few times already because I think it is quite a universal colour, a pretty mauve-pink colour with shimmer.

I've also been wanting to try different concealers, mainly something that I can also use to highlight underneath my eyes. I chose the Time Balm concealer in the colour Light. Unfortunately at the moment it basically matches my foundation colour anyway so there is only a slight highlight but if I get more tanned I'm sure it will stand out more. I also like this concealer for covering pimples & scarring. It has good coverage & I like to use it with my Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush. It is  not essentially creamy so you have to work it into your skin fast before it sets.

This is my FOTD using Cabana Boy as my blush and the Time Balm concealer under my eyes, I hope you can see how good the coverage is. I'm also wearing on the eyes Nyx Caviar & Bubbles palette, Sugarpill's Hysteric under my eyes & Bite Beauty's High Pigment Lip Pencil in Pomegranate.
 
What products have you tried & like from The Balm? The next thing on my list is the Mary Lou-Manizer because it looks like a stunning highlighter!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment