Monday, May 27, 2013

Lip Inventory 5: Mauves, Berry & Wine

I am slowly getting through my lipstick collection!! I wish I had posted brand by brand but I've almost finished it so there's no point in starting again. Also as I have bought many new lip products since I've started some aren't included in the older ones. And I'm planning to buy many more in a few months time ;)
 I also timed this badly as Autumn is just about finished here in the Southern Hemisphere, but hope it will be helpful to others later in the year!

Firstly, the colours I'm describing can get a bit too confusing between each other so I hope this helps a bit to those who are wondering about the differences.
 Mauve is a pale lavender-lilac colour. I think of it as a very My Lips But Better (MLBB) colour as it is fairly close to my natural lip colour.
Berry colours are closer to claret, burgundy or deep purple tones, as obviously berries come in a lot of different colours, these are the hues I am referring to.
Wine is a dark shade of red,as I'm sure you would probably be aware of.
These are just my views on these colours, I hope it makes sense! The deeper colours are very suited to Autumn & Winter, but the lighter ones can be used all year around because they go with lighter eye looks as well.

Mauve
 L-R: Nyx round lipstick in Tea Rose, Bloom Honeysuckle, Australis Colour Inject lipstick in Samba, Boogie Woogie


Wow, these are all almost identical! If I had to downsize I would probably keep Honeysuckle (I decided I need to wear it more now!) & maybe Samba, I can't choose between the two Australis colours.

Tea Rose has a very creamy, satin finish, and is a mid toned pinky mauve. It is not very long lasting but easy to apply. Honeysuckle is a soft pink leaning towards mauve and has a non-drying matte finish. It smells similar to MAC's lipsticks. Samba is another muted pink colour with mauve undertones & has a moisturizing satin finish, Boogie Woogie is almost the same as Samba except slightly darker on my lips.
I'm thinking maybe the pigment in my lips (although I don't have much) brings out the mauve tones of all of these lipsticks. Anyway, if you love understated, neutral lips I'm sure any of these colours would be suited to you!

Berry & Wines 
 L-R BYS Longwear lipstick Lip Service, Maybelline Color Sensational Party Pink , Milani Berry Rich, Kate by Rimmel 09, Bite Beauty Rhone, MAC Rebel.

Lip Service is a purple toned wine colour, similar to Party Pink (pink but, seriously?) which is a darker berry colour with a magenta tinge.  Berry Rich is a richer red wine colour, Kate '09' is deeper & darker than Berry Rich & with both wine & berry tones, Rhone is very similar to Kate 09 except slightly more coloured & Rebel is a slightly aubergine, very dark berry colour which can come off a bit magenta some times.
 I'm sure I could easily downsize as a few of these are very similar, I'd probably keep Party Pink, Berry Rich, Rhone & Rebel although I do like the other two colours they are just too similar.


Let me know what your favourite deeper colours are!
I'm going to move onto another part of my collection soon so please stay tuned to find out what that will be!
xx

Check out the previous posts here: Pinks | Reds | Oranges & Coral | Nudes

No comments:

Post a Comment