Friday, April 26, 2013

Rebel With A Cause

 I hope everybody had a lovely ANZACS day yesterday, well to those who celebrated. It has started to feel like summer again, which I will appreciate before winter comes! Ugh some "bad" news, I have started to develop a sty underneath my eye, I'm going to avoid makeup in that area but hope it goes away soon!

So I've had MAC's Rebel for a while now and I've used it a couple of times but nothing that I've really felt the urge to post. It's also a colour I've found hard to use, thanks for accidental over lip lining. I've found one way that I really like to wear it, as a stain, and I would really like to start wearing it more frequently in the cooler months.

Stained

~Products
Face: Rimmel Wake Me Up & Bourjois Healthy Mix
Nars Laguna Bronzer, MAC CCB Pearl MAC Lightscapade
Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink
Eyes: MAC Painterly
All eyeshadow by Inglot unless otherwise noted:
P 420- Lid
UD Buck- Crease
DS 460-Outer V
P 439 - Lower Lash Line
BYS Cream Eyeliner
Lips: MAC Rebel

 I really like Rebel as a stain and I think it makes it look like a complete different product. It is also way more low maintenance and I don't have to worry about getting it on my teeth/ face haha.

Heavier

~Products
Face: The same foundation/ contour & highlight combo as above
MAC Blush in Her Blooming Cheek
Eyes: MAC Painterly
All shadows by Stila in the light: Kitten- lid
Bliss- Crease
Sandstone-Outer V
Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner
Lips:  MAC Rebel

I think I do need to outline just outside my lips as they make them look too small in proportion to my face... but it is so easy to over do it! As you can see in the example below.
Also I really like this blush/ lip combo for something more dramatic... I think they are both in the same colour family so they compliment each other without being OTT. Also, I think it sort of matches my hair!

To line or not to line?

Face: Same bronzer & highlighter as before, blush is Bourjois blush pot in #16 (I think, I can't quite remember! Ahh)
Eyes: MAC Painterly paint pot
Mary Kate & Ashley xall over shimmer in honey-light sandy colour, first inner of lid
Inglot 460 D.S- rest of lid
" "      465 D.S- Dark Brown, outer half of lid & crease
Bourjois Eyeliner
Lips: Nyx Lip Liner in Bloom, Guess the lip colour :P -
 Ignore the bad lip-lining! Now my lips look waay too big & fake, dontcha think? I need to find the fine line between too little & too much!

Do you have this colour? How would you wear it?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment