Monday, November 19, 2012

Small Haul: Mac & Sportsgirl

On this weekend (2 weekends ago) we did the quickest roadtrip in history. 1400 km there & back in just over 24 hours to Perth! And that reason is... well, you will find out at the bottom of the post! But lets just say it will be the best thing for us for summer :D
So on this rush trip I was still able to get a bit of shopping in with my brothers' girl Kadie, we got to go to Garden City where I remembered they had MAC (again) so I had to buy a few things.


 Firstly I wanted Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle but they had sold out :( The S.A was showing me some other loose powder highlights that were meant to have a wet finish but they looked a bit too glittery. So I settled on Lightscapade which is a beautiful, soft shimmery highlight. I still want to get soft & gentle eventually, although I think it will take me forever to use this baby up.
 Next I thought I would finally buy Paintery paintpot because I see so many people rave about it. I haven't properly experimented with it yet, unsure if I would prefer to use it on it's own or over a primer. It would be perfect for neutral, matte eyelooks. Don't think I could ever use this up, either!

 And from the start I knew I wanted a bright lipstick. I asked for Impassioned (been lemming this for a loong time!) but she said it was limited edition- say what?? Not sure I should believe that one! Maybe it is in Australia, I don't know. So then I asked for Vegas Volt, but changed it to Morange soon after because I had been wanting this for a long time as well. & I am so glad I got it- It is the perfect orange for summer! I also got Kadie to buy her first MAC product, Honeylust (I swore that was the name but it's only showing eyeshadow on google :S) lipstick which is perfect on her.
& I never intended to post this picture as I do not have anything at all on my face, but it's always nice to see a full-faced picture of the lipstick. I did not use any other lip products with it here.
So everybody knows makeup is more expensive over here, but I will share the total anyway.
These 3 products came to the cost of *drumroll* $118.00 0.o. Lightscapade being the most expensive at $47 holy moly I knew it was going to be a bit but I bit the bullet, although I believe that the total cost, if I were in the U.S, would be $62.50 so I had lost $55.50 but it is always nicer to go in store, you don't have to wait for shipping & worry about damages & I had good service so it was worth it-- sort of.
www.ozsale.com had a sale on MAC a couple of weeks ago although there was barely anything to choose from, I did purchase a couple of lipsticks & blush so hopefully that wont be too far away!

I also went to Sportsgirl because of Sleep & Water & Mishelle from Mishelle's sleepy time. I was going to buy a couple more lipsticks but I thought I had better not this time, although I wish I did now.

 I swear I saw a review on this from somebody, but can't remember who, so I had to buy The Scrub Up Body Exfoliator. It is vanilla-flavoured which is a scent I normally like, however it is almost over-bearing in this product. However I can easily look past the smell. This is quite a soft exfoliant so you may want to use a Salux Cloth with it, which is what I used the second time around.
You get a huge amount of product for only $9.95, the only downside is being in a tub I always get water in it while using it in the shower.

 I also bought the Pout About It! Lip colour in Fruit Tingle for a good price of $9.95. Although, when I got home I realized I had similar colours already. I haven't worn this properly yet but it is a good, muted orange-y matte colour. But now I wish I had bought something different instead, the bright pinks & reds look gorgeous. This looks quite neon, but I've seen it look muted on others so I think I will add a nude lipgloss over the top when I wear it.
Also when I got home I had realized that I have another lipstick from a different brand that had the same exact packaging, although the Sportsgirl one at least had a label you could see properly. The one on the right is in the colour Sunburst from the David Jones makeup line & I *think* it was $14.95 when I got it. I don't use it that much, though. The only label on it is a barcode sticker but it doesn't even say the brand so luckily I could remember it. The only real difference between the two is Sunburst is a tiny but darker.
L-R Sportsgirl Fruit Tingle, David Jones Sunburst.
So that's it for my latest haul, until I go back up to Perth in less than 2 weeks, where I hope to pick up a few products for a future giveaway :D

I did mention at the start of something else we bought up in Perth, so here it is!
 Our new baby, a Jetski!
& the first time I've ever driven one, trust me I was actually terrified lol


Thanks for looking! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment